Dealing With Probate
When someone dies, an executor or administrator may apply for the legal right to deal with their money, property, and possessions.
They might have to deal with the Probate Registry, find out if there was a will, and inform several official organisations about the death.
If you’ve lost someone, sorting through paperwork and contacting the organisations your loved one dealt with is the last thing you want to do.
Passmores Solicitors is here to help you. We’re experienced in probate and estate administration and we can help you whether your loved one had a will or not.
We are also able to assist you in the event of a contested will. If you are unhappy that you are excluded from a will or if you believe the will may be invalid, we can help. Alternatively, if someone is contesting a will, we can help you defend the claim.
We provide a friendly, sympathetic, and professional service and our advice is free of legal jargon.
What We Will Do For You
We can help you by:
- Helping with funeral arrangements
- Notifying organisations of the death
- Assisting with the probate application and administration of the estate from beginning to end
- Obtaining the paperwork needed such as a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Dealing with liabilities and protecting the executors from future claims
- Dealing with the calculation and payment of inheritance tax.
- Dealing with distribution of the estate (money, property and possessions) in accordance with the will or rules of intestacy
- Dealing with probate disputes, whether bringing the claim or defending it
- Assisting with house clearance and the eventual sale of any property.